Thread: The Officer!
View Single Post

Old 07-20-2020, 06:01 PM

Liked 296 Times in 189 Posts

I walked out of a gun store a few years back with a new ATI Titan FX light weight .45 which is an alloy frame officer's sized pistol.

For a 'cheap' 1911 officer sized gun the Philippine made Titan is really pretty decent. Perfect accuracy...perfect feeding of ball ammo...much to like.

On the down side...from the git-go it tended to throw brass right at your forehead!...I fixed that by putting more tension on the extractor and it was good then. The manual safety failed a safety check after some use...I took the gun apart and inspected the internals...really couldn't tell what was wrong. I did notice that the Philippine made disconnector part was oddly machined although quite like a GI 1911 full size part. I had a new GI/standard disconnector on-hand and installed it...that fixed the manual safety issue(could safe the pistol and pull the trigger a couple times and kick the manual safety lever off safe!)...

Now there you have a report on a cheap officer sized .45 pistol. I had actually gone looking for a Springfield compact pistol only to discover the officer sized guns were discontinued...the Colt Defenderand Kimbers too expensive. Rock Island did have an even cheaper steel framed officer size gun there...but the ATI appealed to me.
The Following User Likes This Post: