View Single Post

Old 07-23-2020, 02:00 PM

Liked 862 Times in 379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMur View Post
I just want to convey exactly why I am very skeptical of the 1 1/2” grouping historical claim?

If you look at official Olympic targets that are used today along with very Trick small caliber low recoil custom High Tech pistols? You can see from the 10 meter target? Photo 1
And the 50 meter target? Photo 2

If you can shoot 1 1/2 groups? You would be a Gold Metal winner at ANY event! WORLD CHAMPION!!!!

Murph
If I got back in practice I could do 1-1/2 inch groups at ten meters with any of my old Service Revolvers or my early Colt Government Model, Colt 1902 Sporting, early .38 Specials, etc.

50 Meters...m-a-y-b-e, if getting back in practice, I could hold a five inch group...

Used to be able to hit a Cigarette Pack or Playing Card pretty much every time, at 50 Yards, one Handed, with various of my early 1900s Service Hand Guns...had to use Kentucky Windage with those.

I did not have any Target Pistols then.

But, indeed, 1-1/2 inch Groups at fifty meters with the 'New Model 3' Revolvers, whatever chambering, would be one heck of an accomplishment..!

One best eat lots of Carrots and Cod Livers to see such minute nuance of Sighting...and ease back a little on strong Coffee.

These are fairly heavy Revolvers too, especially the .32 - 44s...and, speaking for myself, I think my Arm would get tired and rubbery if doing a fifty round string..! Lol...

Last edited by Oyeboteb; 07-23-2020 at 02:09 PM.