View Single Post

Old 07-24-2020, 02:46 PM

Liked 103 Times in 44 Posts

I have a new magazine holster which is my first leather firearm accessory. The search function led me here, so here comes my miracle of thread resurrection. I also nominated this thread for the notable thread listing in this subforum. With that, here goes....

My brand new relentless tactical single stack mag holder is here and is very tight. Okay, it is brand new leather so that is to be expected. My shoe care experience has me well armed with the soft and supple products most notably Saphir Medaille d'Or Renovator – All-Purpose Leather Shoe Cleaner & Conditioner which is amazing for shoes.

However, soft and supple seems like the wrong answer for our purposes. I want to accelerate the break-in process and make sure I take care of the leather properly.

1) Is my instinct correct that aside from polishes that I do NOT want to use shoe conditioners on holster leather?
2) Ballistol says leather care, but Ballistol says it can do everything and the fact that it leaves a slick film on slide rails indicates to me that I don't want to use it on leather when I am not looking for field expedient solutions.
3) How can I accelerate the break-in process without going too far? At this moment, I'm just storing my mag in the holster and letting the natural molding process work its magic, which will probably take a week or more to become functional and a month or so finalize.
Thanks!

Last edited by Dahak; 07-24-2020 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Grammar