Thread: CMP 1911s
View Single Post

Old 07-26-2020, 10:39 AM
US Veteran

Liked 4,492 Times in 2,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddollar View Post
This is a serious question. Is there any way to obtain the history of the gun like as stated above?
Short answer, no.

Quote:
It is hard for me to believe that with only 8,000 guns in the original allotment they would be serving lottery number ~15,000.
I had #126xx something, don't remember all of it. I received mine about 2 weeks ago when they were shipping in the 14K numbers. They bounced me out when they had to evacuate the office in March. Evidently, they ran my info in NICS and had to leave before they got the proceed. They told me I missed out because of that but were kind enough to run it again.

I asked about the availability of pistols and they wouldn't comment on that other than they weren't allowed to say. They did tell me they still had plenty and I was nowhere near missing out. That was at 14500 being served.

Those are some great folks there running that program and they did right by me. The pistol I received was RR with a Colt slide shipped Jan 1944. Fresh repark and in good condition. My dealer uses GB a lot and said I shouldn't sell it because they seem to be climbing in value even tho CMP is still shipping them. I'm not selling it anyway.

I'm thinking when this batch is done it's over. If they had plans to do anymore they would be accepting apps, which they aren't.

I'm hoping everyone who wants one gets one because for sure these are collectible.

Last edited by LostintheOzone; 07-26-2020 at 11:44 AM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: