View Single Post

Old 07-26-2020, 08:03 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,886 Times in 2,552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muss Muggins View Post
Not "supposedly." It was. And of course it can be proven. They have the pistol. Have you read the associated news stories? They are linked in various posts in this thread.

I don't know what the pistol was, but from the pictures and my knowledge of firearms with a lot of litigation in their history, my guess is Jimenez, Bryco, Jennings, etc.

You don't get to "correctly assemble" a firearm after the fact to prove a crime. The standard is "readily capable of lethal use" at the time the crime was committed . . .
I have no doubt that the prosecutor, who has shown her true colors by even charging these people. while choosing to NOT charge the rioting trespassers, would stoop to tamper with evidence to bolster her case.

BUT, the weapons weren't seized until much after the event. Plenty of time to make the weapon inoperable before it was seized. I know there is no way to prove it, but I'm not sure the weapon was inoperable.

Either way, bad gun handling, unwise to leave home. NONE of this would have happened if a lawless crowd didn't feel entitled to break the law. The McCloskey's were making dinner and bothering NOBODY.

I find it odd that such a mansion didn't have security cameras. I'd like to see what the McCloskey's saw instead of just the edited video that the rioters submitted. I know rather than have my incompetent wife handle a firearm, I'd have her on recording duty with the cell phone while I stood watch at the window.
The Following User Likes This Post: