View Single Post

Old 07-28-2020, 02:43 AM

Liked 68 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmace57 View Post
Link - video included

Austin Police identifies man killed in shooting during downtown protest Saturday | KXAN Austin

Manley noted that witnesses on the scene described to officers several different versions of the incident.

He summarized that witnesses told APD a vehicle began honking its horn as it turned south onto Congress Avenue from 4th Street. He said the vehicle stopped “as there were a large number of people in the roadway.”

Manley said that Foster, who was holding an AK47-type assault rifle, approached the driver side window of this car as others in the crowd began striking the car.

“Gunshots were fired from inside the vehicle at Mr. Foster,” Manley said. “During the initial investigation of this incident, it appears Mr. Foster may have pointed his rifle at the driver of this vehicle prior to being shot.”

UNQUOTE

Interesting. As I said, the more investigation continues, the more the story will take final shape.

I agree with just avoiding areas like this as was mentioned above. You're just avoiding potential issues by doing so.

Given his statements, he does seem like he was looking for a fight.

Also noted is how the different versions of what happened from different people. This is very common. Perception is reality. Just a human thing. There is a reason I run a dash cam. Even I would get something wrong if I recounted what I believe I seen happen, then go and watch the video.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: