View Single Post

Old 07-28-2020, 10:14 AM

Liked 9,314 Times in 3,723 Posts

Plenty of stupid to go around. John Farnam has regularly pointed out that one should not go to stupid places or associate with stupid people. I'm not a strong follower of his, but he is utterly correct. Attending these "protests" (most of which are riots, and all of which are based on a knowingly fabricated narrative about the death of Mr. Floyd) is stupid in the extreme. Heck, I live 110 miles from downtown Seattle, and for at least 10 years I have not crossed the pass unless forced by employment obligations. It was stupid under less bad conditions, and inexcusable now. Be on a surface street and exposed to the crud going on now? Hell no.

One should also not be driving toward them. Too often, arriving in that area is indicative of a complete lack of situational awareness and forethought. However, if one is a stranger to an area and ends up turning down a street that presents such an issue, the correct answer is to reverse/turn around and get out the area with all of the alacrity of which one is capable. As much as I think every one of these anal pores who blocks the street should be arrested, that is not going to happen, and driving toward them is just dumb. It creates the impression in the mind of a reasonable person (none of whom were present as far as I can tell) that the car is being used as a weapon.