View Single Post

Old 07-30-2020, 08:42 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 12,783 Times in 1,816 Posts
Default I like lanyard rings, do you?

Is it ok to just really like them for no particular reason?

Any of you like them for reasons, or no reasons? You should show off your old S&Ws that have them.

The reason for this post is that I finally got around to finding a lanyard ring to replace the missing one on this 1917:

A gun that sort of occupies a weird spot in my heart, I always loved it, despite the reblue scrubbing all the military markings off. It does seem to be a rather old re-finish, and inoffensive to my rather strange sensibilities. It's much like the factory refinish on my triple lock.

Still, I usually don't like reblued guns, so this one pleasing me is a real oddity, especially with the intentional removal of markings.

If anyone is interested in the details of the modification, and they aren't just enraptured by the glorious lanyard ring:

The front sight is King, as is the rear blade, the rear sight itself seems to be a factory S&W sight. As mentioned the gun is refinished with special care to remove those military markings, although they were at least savvy enough when they did it to stamp the S/N under the grips on both sides of the frame. There are no other markings under there.

The fun thing is that the hammer is a concentric grooved...registered magnum hammer. It makes for such an odd snappy action. I don't know if I just have to buy the weird ones (and discover extra weirdness when I sit down and look at them later), or if the weird ones seek me out.

Anyway, enough about that gun.

I'd like to see your Lanyard equipped S&Ws!
The Following 26 Users Like Post: