View Single Post

Old 08-01-2020, 03:22 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 12,801 Times in 1,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP@AK View Post
Hey there, young fellow! How's that baby doing???

As for your comment, perhaps it depends on how you define "special order." But barrel length, sights and sighting, et al. were all part of securing a shipment of the RM.

Consider the penultimate sentence in the main paragraph of the letter you posted:
This revolver was sighted in at 25 yards with .357 Magnum ammunition using a 6 o'clock hold.
The order for an RM included a spec as to the ammo and sighting distance, to which the company complied and certified.

Then there is the ultimate line in the same paragraph:
This shipment was for 35 units in several different configurations.
How would they know to produce "several different configurations" if the requester did not so specify?

A final point: A "special order" does not necessitate an individual purchaser. A distributor could equally place a special order and it might be (and often was) for multiple units of the same model.

Anyway, that's my case. You are free to disagree if you like! For now anyway, this is still America.
Hmm, I think someone actually told me that my gun was part of when they were just working on selling off extra Reg Mags. I'd have to search for where I found that. I don't think this order was any more special then any distributor order in that it was for 35 guns in several configurations.

What I should do is see about getting a copy of the invoice, given that the SWHF has started to make that possible since I lettered this.

My understanding was that the end of the RMs had the Reg #, but were essentially being sold as the NRMs. That is to say the factory was offering them in a few of the popular configurations.