View Single Post

Old 08-03-2020, 01:53 PM

Liked 213 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContinentalOp View Post
I had XS Big Dot sights on a Glock 23 I used to have. They certainly work well for fast, close range shots. They didn't work so well for me when I wanted to shoot at longer distances or more precisely. I sometimes wonder if it would've been better with their standard dot. But they can be effective, and if they work for you, that's all that really matters. And judging by the targets, they work very well for you. Nice work!

For me, I've found that I like the square post/square notch sight, but I like a good amount of daylight. Plain black rear sights, with a tritium and/or orange front sight works well for me. I've thought about having the front sight on my 642 reprofiled to more of a Patridge/modified ramp profile to cut the glare of the full ramp and thinned down so I can get more daylight in the notch.
For precise work, the BIG DOT is just too BIG. I believe the Tritium vial is the same size in both, so it don’t matter in the dark.

It takes tons of dry firing to develop good double action trigger skills. My 45th wedding anniversary is coming up and I’m surprised, what with all those years of annoying click-click-click-click-click (well, you get the picture).

Last edited by Exchipy; 08-03-2020 at 01:55 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: