View Single Post

Old 08-05-2020, 08:49 AM

Liked 7,091 Times in 2,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytan01 View Post
Spending WAY too much time on the "List" these days. While glossing over the 10,000 or so plastic Wonder-Nines...I found me another N-Frame looking for a new home.

A Model 27-2 made in 1973. It's got a 3-1/2" Barrel and bank vault lock up. But good lord...it looks like a previous owner was using a brillo pad for polishing duty. Every inch of this gun is scuffed or scratched with at least 5 spots where the bluing was worn off completely. I sold a 4006 and a 4013TSW to fund the purchase with a couple of bucks left over for a Taco Bell dinner. Have you had those Grilled Cheese Burrito's yet? Holy Cow that is some good eating right there!

Both 40's were police turn-ins that I didn't have a chance to shoot yet. Not sure if I got hosed on this deal but I like N-Frames more than Semi-Autos so I'm feeling fairly good about it.

However I have a problem.

I now have 2 27-2's.

One is a 4" that has cylinder slop that to me is not acceptable. Which means sending it to S&W and waiting until 2029 for it to come back......and I have a 3-1/2" that is worth more if it didn't look like someone spent their days skidding it across the pavement all "Movie Style". So again...that means sending it back to S&W and hoping I don't die of old age before it comes back to me.

What to do....
If the 27 is mechanically sound, there is nothing wrong with having a less than perfect looking "shooter"
I have guns that don't go to the range often because they may get a scratch on them. You have nothing to worry about. Enjoy it! Bob
The Following 2 Users Like Post: