View Single Post

Old 08-06-2020, 03:42 PM

Liked 1,829 Times in 988 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by growr View Post
I find it interesting that the NEVER USE RELOADS unless "I" reloaded them seem to portray that THEY and THEY alone are the only competent reloaders ever. Seems very egotistical to me.

Randy
Disagree. Not using some one else's hand made ammo is no reflection on the reloader or egotistical thinking about one self. Reloading is easy, but also can be dangerous and taking a chance, even if the odds are waaay low, is plain old stupid. I know my equipment is working correctly. I know my references are good/safe. If I blow up a gun from my brain fade or lack of attention, I have no other to blame, so I take extra care. I know my friend reloads his handguns to max and has never had a Kaboom, but I'd just as soon not use his handloads, and he chooses to not use mine (I had a squib in 1970 and no Kabooms ever). Maybe if I watched the ammo being produced and I had no other alternatives, I might shoot someone's reloads. Ego and disrespect, questioning another's abilities, have nothing to do with not shooting handloads assembled by another...

Last edited by mikld; 08-07-2020 at 01:57 PM.