View Single Post

Old 08-08-2020, 11:47 AM
US Veteran

Liked 29,652 Times in 6,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief38 View Post
I just watched the Promotional Urad video on their website. The product contains Lanolin Oils (as per their own statement) and oil will make a leather holster too soft over time. While soft & supple leather might be great for an old stiff pair of shoes, a cracked and dried out easy chair, a beat up wallet etc, once again, "soft and supple" qualities for a fitted holster is not good - with maybe the exception of a generic multi model pouch type, flap type or holster that is not meant to hug and retain a firearm - but simply a pouch to carry it in.

Instructions that come with top quality leather holsters simply state. " use only standard shoe polish such as Lincoln or Kiwi on our product and state that oils will make their products too soft for proper function.

My intention is not starting an argument here - I am just passing on good info I have gotten from the top Holster Maker's over many years of buying products from them. I'm also stating facts from lessons I've learned over the years from personal experience.

That said, we're all adults here so the decision is for you to make.
Your experience and advice is appreciated. Thank you for the
additional information.