View Single Post

Old 08-15-2020, 10:07 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,135 Times in 1,146 Posts

I'm a relatively fit 68 year old man who recently had his back introduce him to sciatica, leaving me somewhat less than mobile. I use a cane to get around, but all my military and security combat hand-to-hand training is out the freaking window. On the plus side, I have had combat cane training so if I don't fall down I may be able to keep most dogs off me. Situational awareness and a couple of guns are pretty much what I have to keep me safe. If I were going to use OC, I'd use the portable fire extinguisher-sized bear spray with the stream nozzle.

As for the Kimber gizmo, my brother gave one to my late mother and showed her how to use it since she was terrified of guns. After mom passed, my sisters were going through her stuff, and one of them found it. She asked, "What's this?" pointed it at her face, and pulled the trigger. My brother was alerted to her misadventure by her screams and my other sisters shouts. It took most of a gallon of milk to ease the pain, but she did have a nice red mark in the middle of her forehead. My brother had a tough time telling me this because he kept cracking up. "Why did you do that?" he said he asked her. Her response was, "I didn't know what it was!" "So,...you pointed it at your face and pulled the trigger?" She may still be pissed off about that.
Luke 22:36

Last edited by elm_creek_smith; 08-16-2020 at 12:33 AM.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: