Thread: A SHOCKER
View Single Post

Old 08-16-2020, 09:47 PM

Liked 3,541 Times in 965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDads38 View Post
Funny, this time 22 ammo is still available, along with shotshells and regular rifle hunting calibers (at least in my area). So my focus for now is 308 Win, 22 LR and 20 Ga. Prices here have been unaffected and it's all still available. Each trip to Walmart I pick up a box of whats on the shelf.
I'm not stressing too much just yet, will save that for the election :-0
I've been told by 2 different ammunition manufacturers that the problem is getting primers. One company in NC said they had over 5 million on back order and keep getting in small amounts here and there. The other company in SC supposedly has over 20 million primers on backorder with several vendors trying to get anything they can. I wouldn't believe it if I had not seen it, but primers are going on the large auction site for $100-150 per k. Its unbelievable, but its right there. Thankfully I had enough ammo loaded to last me at least a year and primers and powder to load for another year. What is concerning is where will the price point land when availability is back to normal. I'm betting it will be nowhere near what it was 6 months ago.