View Single Post

Old 08-18-2020, 09:02 AM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

So, I have read through this thread twice now, and am still perplexed as to what I might have. By features and appearance, it would seem that my 686 is a CS-1, but it isn't marked as such. When I bought it from a forum member, he even said that it has CS-1 features. To be clear, he did not claim it is a CS-1. In the pictures, you can see that it has the bead blasted finish, pinned blade front sight, and plain black rear sight. The owner did say that it came with the same, or similar, pachmayr grips that the CS-1s came with. He however trashed them when he bought it new in 1989, and subsequently replaced them with the wooden Hogue grips that are on there now. It does have the round grip frame, despite the grips making it look like a square grip frame. I have also noticed that my box has the same product code of '104229' as I have seen on all of the boxes that were previously posted in this thread. Based on the serial number of BAN4290 and Spec Ord of '9229', it would seem that this would have been made at the end of the timeline in which the CS-1s were being produced. Regardless of whatever it may be, I love this revolver. I'm simply interested in the discovery of determining more about what it is exactly. Can anyone shed light on what I may have?

The Following 2 Users Like Post: