View Single Post

Old 08-23-2020, 10:12 AM

Liked 81 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderboss View Post
The bug has hit me that I need to get a 617 10-shot .22LR. The online reviews I've seen of them all seem to be pretty positive. But I wanted to ask you all, because I know you won't sugar coat your thoughts on it. Anything bad I should watch out for?
Short answer, No. I bought my 617-6 with a 4" barrel five years ago. No problems with it at all. About a year or two later, I found out, on this site, that some of the barrels left the factory canted. I'd been shooting mine and never noticed it, but once I took a closer look, by Jove, mine was canted. About 1 or 2 degrees. Had no impact whatsoever on how it shot at the distances I shoot it. A non-issue for me. Ditto for the whole beat-to-death lock issue.

It is my favorite 22LR revolver, and the prime reason I sold my Ruger Single Ten.

My only tip is to put a piece of painter's tape on the cylinder when you're cleaning the chambers so you don't lose track of which have already been cleaned. Sounds silly, but when you put 10 holes in the cylinder, it is possible to forget where you started.

Other than that, buy it and have fun shooting it. I'm not very good with handguns, but the 617 makes me seem like I'm more accurate than I really am. The 617 is a great gun.

Last edited by 627Pro; 08-23-2020 at 10:13 AM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: