View Single Post

Old 08-25-2020, 10:50 PM

Liked 1,082 Times in 293 Posts
Talking

Got lucky again today. Last week, when I started the 10 day CA DROS process at my dealer, I also had 60 rounds of Critical Defense, and 50 rounds of Miwall police ammo reloads put up with it. That was all the 40 S&W he had in the shop. I was lucky then, because the Hornady Critical Defense would have been my first choice anyway.

Because of all the foolishness and panic buying, none of the local gun shops have any 9mm or 40 S&W. None of the wholesalers who will ship to Commiefornia (through a dealer) have any either. I have even checked Sportsman's Warehouse -NO PISTOL ammo of any kind, Walmart - no pistol ammo of any kind, and Bass Pro Shop, no .40 S&W, 9mm or .45. Glad I have well over 1,000 rpounds of 9mm for my Glock 19!

Back on track, I got lucky today because he just got in some 50 round boxes and an ammo can 500 round bulk pack of the Miwall Police 180 grain FMJ reloads. I got the bulk for $200 (about $20/50 or $0.40 a round). Based on the crazy prices I have seen at the few places that have even a little ($1 to $1.25 a round for anything .40 S&W), I thought this wasn't too bad...

I grabbed up the 500 round bulk pack. The price was about a nickel a round higher than pre-panic, but that is how much Miwall raised their prices. I have about 600+ rounds now, so that should last until the stupidness ends in November.

BTW, I pick up my baby Saturday afternoon. I am working a shift as a Range Officer at our local gun club Sunday morning, so I will have a chance to break it in.

Last edited by imarangemaster; 08-25-2020 at 11:01 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: