View Single Post

Old 08-28-2020, 09:36 PM

Liked 1,874 Times in 810 Posts

I haven't been on here much this summer, either. Spending lots of time on my garden until the hurricane got us on 8/4. We had a tree uproot, wipe out our shed, landing broadside across the back of the house from right to left. The top of the tree caught up in our metal spiral staircase on a the upstairs deck, bending the top of the staircase and breaking the metal rails at the edge and cracking some boards. All in all, the Good Lord must have been looking out for us because the house wasn't damaged inside, we are all ok, and we have a full house generator and didn't lose power like all our neighbors for 5 days. Also, we kept the dogs in even though it had stopped raining and the winds were calm. They wanted to go out, but I refused to take a chance. They are tiny (7-9 lbs). While I had my hand on the glass door thinking about it, we heard the tree tip over, hanging onto the shed roof and swaying with the roots half out of the ground. Then it fell. We were able to get someone to take the tree down. It was more difficult to get someone to pull the stump out (big roots all around it instead of going down into the ground, very hard to get out-didn't want to wind up with a sinkhole later from rotted roots). Our contractor can't get to the site work till October because of previous commitments and the grass is all ruts from all the trucks and bulldozers to get rid of trees and stump. So we'll probably not finish before winter and maybe have to wait till spring to do the shed. We want a shed built on site not just cheaper one plopped down. The site is a mess of roots under the crushed shed so it won't be an easy build. We're making the shed bigger -- we don't have a lot of lawn equipment any more, so part of it will be toolshed and most of it will be a potting shed/"she shed"! I'm psyched about that part! That's my silver lining. So that's what I've been up to. Susie, I miss you! Come say hi when you can! Hi Les! Retire while you can still enjoy some free time! Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well! Linda (Redbert31)[emoji3059][emoji3059][emoji240][emoji240][emoji178][emoji178][emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Redbert31; 08-28-2020 at 09:40 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: