View Single Post

Old 09-01-2020, 07:11 AM

Liked 803 Times in 419 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
I’m relatively new to my rifle and haven’t shot for many years. I was at an outdoor range today and was able to bench shoot at 100 yards (attempting to zero my rifle).

I have an M&P 10 Sport with a 4x Trijicon LED ACOG (TA110-D-100502) and an Atlas Bipod. I’m using Speer Gold Dot 168 grain ammunition.

Attached is a picture of one of my 5 round groups. Should I be happy with rounds into the 10 ring at 100 yards or is there a way to improve my groupings? I make an effort to fire during an exhale pause and I have a good site picture. Maybe not great with 52 year old eyes.

For perspective, the center orange circle of the targets is about the size of a quarter.
Your group is fine, I would try lots of different ammunition in your rifle, my rifle is perfectly happy with Winchester and Hornady 150 gr. bullets...

Now if you want to pull it into the bull, you can gradually adjust your way in, but as you have noticed, illuminating your reticle or other changes, may move your group. So you're on the right track, and as others have said, time behind the trigger is helpful.