View Single Post

Old 09-01-2020, 06:51 PM

Liked 4,202 Times in 1,873 Posts

I frequent few brick and mortar stores, mostly because there are very few in South Jersey. When I am on the road, I try to see what is available, and the cupboard is empty.

Most of my loaded ammo is purchased online. Sportsmen's Guide is showing only 7 specific offerings of handgun ammo available: Remington 32 S&W and 32 S&W Longs, 44 Special, three flavors of 17s, and 8mm blanks, and prices are inflated. At OutdoorUnlimited, 9 mm appears to be starting at $0.80 a round for range ammo. Shotgun shells seem to be more readily available, but I haven't noticed the shot size.

For reloading components, there is some light. Primers are nonexistent. There is some handgun powders available, but not much of a selection. Black powder, many rifle powders, and shotgun powder seems more readily available, plus shotgun primers. I am able to find most of the rifle bullets that I use. Xtreme Bullets is showing stock available, but base price has jumped at least 25%. Berry's is showing limited offerings. Precision Delta has not shown bullets available for about 4 months. I am finding black powder and black powder substitutes to be more available. Just waiting for a shortage of roll caps that would limit my ability to make percussion caps (SERIOUSLY)!

Fortunately, I have all of the molds that I need to make handgun bullets. Good on .35 gas checks. The price of gas checks has even skyrocketed!

I would have to say that the situation is getting worse!