View Single Post

Old 09-03-2020, 09:30 AM

Liked 369 Times in 132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppStFan View Post
Congrats on your G19. They are a fine weapon. Your modifications have made it about as safe and revolver like as a striker fired pistol can be. I have often wondered if something similar can be done to an M&P?
I did some Googling and found a response from Tom (owner???) at Tau Development, the maker of the scd. Here’s his response:

"In general, if it’s possible to create a safe, reliable, robust, and affordable drop-in Striker Control Device, with an adequate margin of safety, for a gun with a meaningful market share we will do it.

While all striker fired designs are capable of having SCD-like functionality, some designs (like those with partially tensioned strikers – Glock, S&W SD9/40, CZ P-10, Walther PPS, etc.) are more amenable to an aftermarket drop-in device than others (like those with fully tensioned strikers — S&W M&P, HK VP9, Sig P320 & P365, Walther PPQ, etc.).

I have SCD designs for the M&P, P320, and P365 pistols, but due to being fully tensioned striker designs they are not compatible with a simple drop-in Glock-style device and would require various levels of modification (some to the slide, others to the frame) they would likely prove cost prohibitive and I’m still not sure any of them would provide an adequate margin of safety or satisfactory user experience — so it’s not terribly likely they will be produced any time soon.

A SCD for the S&W SD series -- which can use a device almost identical to the Glock version, just with slightly different dimensions -- is possible, but it's uncertain if it could be produced at a price point that would be agreeable to people who buy a "budget" pistol such as the SD.

In a nutshell, development is ongoing, but we have no support for any additional guns to announce at this time.

— Tom"
The Following User Likes This Post: