View Single Post

Old 09-06-2020, 07:19 PM
US Veteran

Liked 6,517 Times in 2,037 Posts

In my area (so-central PA), there isn't much available. When I hear that it is, it is usually a tall tale.
The question seems to be "Is it over or nearing an end?
My opinion: The worst is yet to come. (And I really hope I am wrong.)
There are lots of 'new' gun owners wanting a little bit of it, but I think many more seasoned folks see the storm coming, and they know that if the winds blow the wrong way, it'll be a perfect storm. So, that's driving availability to about nothing, and if things go south, there likely won't be much available in the supply chain for quite some time, if at all, without new 'restrictions'. As a buyer, wouldn't that motivate an urge to put in a few more rounds? I know this is gloom and doom, but, IMHO that's what is driving availability down and prices way up (again). Not everyone laid in a supply. Even many who did have added fuel to the shortage fire by laying in more. At my LGS, people complain about the prices and stomp out. They are back within several days to buy because after they search on-line and there is nothing available, it's kind of 'Well at least it is available.' My LGS is keeping some in the back for new gun sales/buyers, and the retail shelf is pretty sparse. It's available on Gun Broker, yes, but look at what people are paying for it. Money talks, and if things get much stranger, ammunition may become an alternate currency.
I have toured several ammunition manufacturing plants, and I cannot fathom, with production like I have seen, that there could be a shortage.
But, there is. I don't really get it, but the facts are the facts.
The Following User Likes This Post: