View Single Post

Old 09-07-2020, 06:15 PM

Liked 5,887 Times in 1,249 Posts

I'm a diehard 1911 guy when it comes to autos. Been shooting them for 50 years. Having said that, I also have about a dozen Glocks in various sizes and calibers, and I would observe the following:
a) They are ugly. There's just no defending their looks. But they work.
b) They are relatively light and carry a large ammo load. As I get older, the weight matters more and more. And they work.
c) They are inexpensive and you can maintain them about like most people maintain their lawnmower. They will still work.
d) Parts are plentiful and accuracy is generally acceptable if not target grade. And they work. All the time.
e) There are lots of aftermarket parts and things available if you like to tinker and upgrade and they will still work. That is often not true of 1911's. Generally speaking, the most reliable 1911's I've seen are the ones that have been home-gunsmithed the least.
f) They are dishwasher safe.
The trigger takes some getting used to so you'll have to work with it a bit. Don't give up on it after you've fired 50 rounds. It will likely get better. Work with it a while and I bet you'll be glad you got it.