View Single Post

Old 09-11-2020, 01:48 PM
US Veteran

Liked 19,884 Times in 4,496 Posts

I happened to be carrying a Glock 19 in a belt holster under a T-shirt which does not really lend its self to CC. Not a problem in that place or time as either OC or CC would have been lawful. My point of the one sentence was to the Officers reaction which was completely appropriate. In 1969-70 I carried a gun almost every day, openly, but that was a different time and place (RVN). I've continued the practice ever since, though not to the level of back in the day. My first Weapon Permit was issued in the '70's. mainsail makes some pretty strong points. One of the things I alluded to in the original post was that TN has two levels of carry permit. One for, shall I say, the novice and requires less training and is more restrictive. The other for the more experienced individuals. My information comes from the J. Scott Kappas, Esq. publication Traveler's Guide... 2020. The two level system presents a conundrum to out of state permit holders such as me I think. Where does someone like me (GA Weapons Permit holder) stand under the statutes?

Another shout out to the Franklin Co. LEO's.