View Single Post

Old 09-12-2020, 12:58 AM
US Veteran

Liked 18,784 Times in 4,804 Posts

Old thread but still a good topic. I just wonder how I missed it before?

First off, how in the hell do you get to the point of marrying someone and they NOT know you're a gun nut? Totally boggles my mind.

My late wife was a farm girl. Guns were never a problem. Ok, maybe I over spent once in a while. But it passed.

Before we got married I told her that I will do most anything you ask of me, but don't ever tell me what to do. I extended her the same courtesy. She tried a couple of times early on, but soon learned it wasn't going to fly. We had 33 good years together.

Anyway I've been single for quite a while now and as such, I've been on several internet dating sights off and on over the years. Standard procedure is to check the profiles and if you find someone you like, send them a message. Or they send you one if they like you. Then you message back and forth for a while to see if you actually have things in common and want to have a real date. I always make it a point that early on in the conversations that I mention my gun hobby, that I have a handgun permit and that I'm usually armed anytime I leave the house. Usually in the 2nd or 3rd message. Believe it or not, I have yet to find a woman who thought this was a problem. Some aren't concerned by it, some get curious. Many of them like the fact that I carry. In fact, just yesterday I had lunch with a new lady and she had already mentioned that when we meet, she would have a Kimber Compact .45 in her purse!
GOD! I love southern women!

Last edited by Grayfox; 09-12-2020 at 01:01 AM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: