View Single Post

Old 09-12-2020, 08:51 PM

Liked 2,550 Times in 798 Posts

My girlfriend is total anti-gun but since we first met at the Arizona State USPSA Championships 20 years ago she doesn't mine my having guns.

Recently we were going to move into assisted living quarters. The problem was that they did not allow guns. I had to sell my meager collection and all my reloading equipment. I was loading 2000 rounds a week on my Dillon 650 but my health was degrading and I don't know how long I would have been able to keep up.

The good news is that when we decided to stay in our house I just bought a couple of .22 Ruger Mark IVs and started stocking up on ammo. I now have in excess of 50K rounds of what my guns like. I just ordered two more cases of Eley Action Plus for Steel Challenge Matches. My practice ammo is CCI Mini Mags which have about the same velocity. Neither give me any problems.

I still let her know when I buy a gun but she doesn't say anything. It's my money anyway and she realizes how safe I am. I also leave all my guns in the safe unless I am working on them or shooting them.