View Single Post

Old 09-13-2020, 08:14 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default S&W .32 Long revolver info needed

I have in my possession a S&W .32 Long six-shot revolver. It does not have a model number anywhere on the revolver, at least that I can see. Number locations are as follows: bottom of frame between grips - 571620; underside of barrel - N 571620; inside of frame next to yoke - W 29273; inside of yoke - 29273; left side of barrel - "Smith & Wesson," with stylized ampersand between the words; right side of barrel - "32 Long Cartridge," with stylized brackets on either end of designation. Does anyone know the specific model of this revolver?

The former owner now long deceased was one of the engineers at the Packard Motor Car Co. who modified the Rolls Royce Merlin engine to fit the Army Air Force's A-36 Apache dive bomber - converting the aircraft into the better-known world-beating P-51B Mustang. I'd like to know something about this revolver, he was already dead when my aunt, who knew him, gave the weapon to me. Apparently he gave it to her knowing his end was near. I'm not sure of the age of the revolver and chose this forum at random thinking it was likely given his age he may have acquired it sometime in the 1950s - but I may be wrong. This is one way of finding out. Thanks in advance!