View Single Post

Old 09-14-2020, 09:50 AM

Liked 2,173 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwjarrett View Post
I'll give it a try. My guess, from what I have seen to date (I've had this scale for less that 2 weeks), is that it will be consistent to the tenth and vary plus or minus as much as .05.

I'll forewarn you. The results may be delayed. I should have a mailbox full of primed brass when I get home today. That could distract me
I couldn't think of a better distraction.........short of Kate Upton picking me up for lunch wearing a red dinner dress!

My experience with the few digital (1/10th grain capable) scales I have owned is even after warming up and calibration sometimes they tend to be +/- .1 grain, and sometimes as much as +/- .2gr. My cheapo tends to be just as accurate as the more inexpensive one, go figure......but to be honest I didn't spend a huge amount on the more expensive one.

Please take your time when performing the repeatability test, as I would prefer it to take a while longer and be more accurate, data wise, than to be hurried and less accurate.

If it is truly repeatable to within +/- .05gr then that would be as much as 8 times more accurate than what my digital scales typically give. If not overly expensive then it would be of interest.

What did the paperwork that came with the scale say it's accuracy was in grains? (Assuming it has an accuracy range stated.)

Dale
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kate Upton Red Dress.jpg (46.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by tenntex32; 09-14-2020 at 09:58 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: