View Single Post

Old 09-18-2020, 03:34 PM

Liked 125 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelslaver View Post
If you used K frame 22 cylinders to make your 327 cylinders be aware that your model 53 cylinder is longer than them and will not fit in a frame with a barrel that they fit in. Barrel extension is to long. Also be aware that model 53 cylinders in 22 lr or 22 jet sell for good money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
As the guy who coined the term 616 as applied to your 327 stainless creation, I must admit that I too am looking at adding a second cylinder to my project gun, but I’m thinking 32-20 rather than your wildcat 321 GNR... which I actually had never heard of.

As steelslaver mentions, the Model 53 cylinder may be a challenge because you would have to shave length off of a Model 53 cylinder to fit it into your gun, or shave the barrel tenon which would make it unusable as a 327. I’m not sure I would want to use the 53 cylinder in this way. Maybe it would be more economical to obtain another 617 or 648 cylinder to bore to 321 GNR or build another whole gun around the longer cylinder if you need the length.

Regards,
Froggie

Thanks gentlemen. I'm aware that the 53 cylinder is longer. I would use it intentionally: the (stainless) .327 cylinder is built from one of Hamilton Bowen's long body cylinders and the 7.62x25 cylinder is built from the auxiliary .22 lr cylinder of a model 53. In other words, in my case, the model 53 cylinder is necessary.

I'm more interested in what folks think about the performance of the .321 GNR in a K frame. Any thoughts on that cartridge with a 6" full lug barrel?