View Single Post

Old 09-19-2020, 05:34 AM

Liked 12,803 Times in 4,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjeep View Post
So in reading the specs of the M&P 9mm EZ it says it is a DAO.. is this not a true double action?
Technically, but not really. The M&Ps are essentially single-actions, being striker-fired with the striker at something like 98-99% cocked. It's DAO in that pulling the trigger will bring the striker to 100% cocked (first action) and release it (second action).

There's no way of getting around it. You have to reset the action every time you want to pull the trigger, if you want the trigger's resistance. When I had a Glock 23 I often practiced with a dead trigger for dry fire self defense drills, and would reset the action if I was focusing on trigger control and sight alignment. It's one of the reasons I switched to hammer-fired DA guns. Dry fire practice is more efficient and I don't worry about programming myself to rack the slide every time I pull the trigger.

The good thing is that you only have to partially rack the slide to reset the trigger. Just pull the slide back part of the way until the trigger resets, if you haven't already figured that out.
The Following User Likes This Post: