View Single Post

Old 09-19-2020, 12:04 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,074 Times in 199 Posts

I have a super rimfire version that i bought used, paid more than $300! I shoot it more than any other gun I own and have put several thousand rounds through it. It had a slight burr on the slide rails when I first owned it and there were some failures to feed. Also after many rounds the feed ramp developed a very slight wear point where the bullet nose rides up the ramp and the slide would not fully close. A little fine emery cloth or cratex point to polish the feed ramp solved that problem; keep in mind this only occurs after many thousand rounds. With that many rounds another thing that can occur is powder residue buildup in the plastic magazines and this can cause the magazine spring follower to bind and fail to push the rounds up reliably. I simply clean the inside of the magazines and spray some graphite to keep things working properly. I shoot mostly bulk ammo and it tends to be dirty and this is certainly a factor. Buy it and never look back. With covid and other things going on I am hording all my other centerfire ammo but continue to shoot this one since I have 15k + rounds of 22LR left and it remains my most FUN gun to shoot.