View Single Post

Old 09-22-2020, 06:40 AM

Liked 2,048 Times in 975 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazlin View Post
Ahhh, memory lane...

My first auto was a 1st generation sigma .40. It was a good buy, although I don't remember the exact price. Then I had a case head separation that blew out the mag, sheared off the slide stop, and jammed the bullet in the barrel.

Sent it to S&W and they repaired it for free. When I got it back and inspected it, I noticed a crack in the frame behind the trigger guard. So I called S&W and they said, "send it back" on their nickle. Two days later I got the bad news: not repairable. But... I could have a new 2nd gen Sigma as a replacement at no charge.

I still have that SW40VE, though it spends most of its time in the safe these days. Maybe I'll have to take it out for some exercise...?

Dan
I have the 40F that was my first 40. Seems like I got it for about $350. Added a Lasermax guide rod to it. No telling how many rounds I have through it. Was my car gun for decades until the night sights went dead and I couldn't get TFOs for it, so I replaced it with a SD40 that I added the TFOs to and added a small rail laser to. The 40F now is a hide gun in the kitchen. Did finally replace the night sights with a set of Mepros that were on sale on Optics planet for less than $40.

Rosewood