View Single Post

Old 09-28-2020, 04:59 PM

Liked 465 Times in 188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEP23 View Post
First time revolver owner with a couple questions. Just went to the range with my new 29-10 and had a great time shooting (hand is a little tender today). I started with .44 special (cleaned the cylinders before proceeding with magnum rounds) and moved to some mid range Magtech SJSP 240grain 1180fps. Those were a lot of fun. I then loaded a cylinder of Underwood Extreme Penetrator 220grain 1530fps and they shot really well, but would not eject. Took considerable effort to get them out. I did shoot more Magtechs afterwards and they came out just fine. Today I took some calipers to the Underwood casings and there was about .007" bulge approximately .200" from the primer end of the casing, and the primers were pretty flattened. Is this an issue with my cylinders? Is this an issue with the Underwood ammo?
Also, when cleaning, I noticed that the cylinder tapers are extremely well defined on my revolvers cylinder bores. Looks like some tooling marks. It's uniform on all 6 chambers. I was just wondering if that typical or, again, I might have some QC issues with my cylinder. Thank's all.
Welcome to the forum.

Tooling marks in the charge holes?

Looks like a ring in each one?

Completely normal.