View Single Post

Old 09-28-2020, 11:58 PM

Liked 3,300 Times in 1,525 Posts

KEP23 , I shot my first 44 magnum , well many many yrs ago . It just takes practice and patience to conquer it . Let me try to help you . If you still have the factory grips on it , change them . Those grips are punishing . They are too narrow across the back strap and too wide front to back . Replace them with old style factory target grips . For lack of those , a set of Hogue rubber grips will work . Start out shooting 44 specials . With changing the grips and starting out with the specials is a good place to start . Then find some mid range factory loads in 44 mag . I think either Georgia Arms or maybe LAX Ammo will have a good mid range load . Later you can work up to Federal American Eagle in 44 magnum . Bullets lighter than 240 gr will help with the recoil also . Lastly , relax your arms , bend your elbows slightly and let the recoil come back through your shoulders and your entire body . Don't have your arms like 2 stiff boards out in front of you , " Relax " , don't fight it ! The 44 is / can be a very enjoyable round , esp when you start reloading your own . Good luck , have fun . Regards Paul

Last edited by cowboy4evr; 09-29-2020 at 12:06 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: