Thread: Ammo Prices
View Single Post

Old 09-29-2020, 11:00 AM

Liked 48 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeIDMT View Post
6 months from now people will look back wistfully at those $1 a rd good old days.

On line ammo sales will be BANNED

Overseas arms and ammunition supplies will be BANNED, goodbye Wolf

TAXES on ammunition and guns will rise 500%, at least, maybe much, much more

Ammunition licenses with background checks will be required, 100 round limit per month, tracked

Oh yes, its coming

Psssst, hey meester, wanna buy a baggie of 9mm? $5 a bullet, the good stuff, man!
10 bullets, only $50! Govt man don't know u got it, heh heh
To funny that almost sound like California. Ohh wait that IS what we are putting up with already.

We got our new ammo background check law back in July of last year. Basically I'm now limited to buying from one of the 2 chain stores still selling guns and ammo. That would be fine if they actually had any for sale.
No local FFL will deal with out of state ammo sales now. Why should they? It would cut into their profits.

There hasn't been anything to speak of on the shelves in Southern California for months. If you are standing there at the moment they stock you might get a box or 2 (Limit 2). But out of the last 4 trips I've made all they had was
3 boxes of .17
1 box of .41mag and
1 box of 20 gauge birdshot.
Well hell I don't shoot any of that.

Local range still has a good stock of FMJ Winchester in most calibers if a bit pricy but you have to shoot it all up at the range. No take homes allowed.

I actually could have done a $5.00 per round of 9mm to the woman that got denied in front of me as she failed the check. Likely because she hadn't bought a gun in the last 5 years.

Tons of legal buyers are getting denied if they haven't bought a gun recently and are not in the new CaDOJ "System"
If your a recent gun buyer and in the system your cost each time you buy ammo is $1.00
If your not in the system it's $25.00 background check each time to buy ammo.

The whole thing has turned into a giant mess.
I cleaned out all of Big5s .22lr ammo back when it started to hit the fan and thought I overpaid at $.09cpr Never thought I'd be slow firing .22lr to conserve ammo. That old gate loaded .22 is getting more use then it has seen in years.

BNW

Last edited by Bob 459; 09-29-2020 at 11:21 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: