View Single Post

Old 09-29-2020, 11:19 PM

Liked 543 Times in 181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantannojack View Post
Have you ever handled a loose as a goose revolver with end shake, sloppy rotation, or much yoke play?
Our qualifications are semi annual with all firearms being presented for inspection prior to shooting. As is commonly known, most cops are not avid shooters so the vast majority of off duty/back up weapons are shot 50 Rounds of service ammunition twice a year and do not exhibit any of those issues.

I have of course also come across revolvers that have one of or all the problems you mentioned which were typically the model 36, 60 or DS and not the 640, 64 or Ruger SPNY.

I also have to say that some of those revolvers issues were not ammunition related but impact related with hard objects.

As a avid shooter with +P duty ammunition readily available for practice my Model 36 and Colt DS have needed some TLC in regards to timing a few times over the years where my 640 has not.

Other than the above the 36 and DS have never needed anything replaced and have fired thousands of +P rounds.

It’s not to say that a 640 is infallible my point is that other parts would exhibit a need for repair and or replacement just as you described before just the cylinder as stated.

I also retired my Colt DS from any +P ammunition long ago when I still had hair.

Last edited by BigBoku; 09-30-2020 at 07:28 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: