View Single Post

Old 10-03-2020, 10:13 PM

Liked 8,056 Times in 3,176 Posts
Default My lucky brother-in-law!

Mike (BIL) has been wanting, basically, a home defense handgun or other firearm and finally a couple weeks ago we got a chance to get out to the range so he could try out some of my handguns and different calibers, pistols and revolvers, and he decided on a .38 Special revolver (after getting slide bite and another cut finger trying to load a magazine, which, if anyone says neither has happened to them is lucky or lying!) He did well with my 15-3 S&W. Very well, actually, for the first time with a gun in his hand and at 25 yards, pretty dang good. A local shop had a Model 10-5 for $400. Very good condition, matching wood, etc., etc. I picked it up for him today. The guy at the shop put the Serial # in his phone app and said it was made in 1962, Mike's birth year. I walked out of the shop with gun and box of 50 FMJs for $462. I am going to try to post a couple pics; if they don't post could someone maybe give me a manufacture year just to verify what the guy told me? I appreciate any input. I know S&W made a zillion model 10s, but with the condition and original wood and birth year, I think I did okay...especially with "these trying times"
n'at! Ser. #D279328. Also, I cleaned it up a little more after I took the pictures. We're gonna shoot it Monday. Thanks yinz guys!!!
The Following User Likes This Post: