View Single Post

Old 10-04-2020, 08:23 PM

Liked 893 Times in 187 Posts

Ivan! You're a gem! That's the kind of information I was seeking. From what I've been able to gather thus far, here's my intent. I can get 240 gr. cast lead round nose, flat base bullets (.430 dia.) up here. I plan to go with Trail Boss and magnum pistol primers. The pistol is to accompany me when I'm bow hunting as some extra insurance against the "what if" scenarios. I'd like your opinion on a max safe load. Though most bear and other wildlife tend to avoid us, a buddy was once stalked by a wolf pack during a late evening walk back to hunt camp. Fortunately it was rifle season and he was armed. A shot in the air dispersed the pack and that was that. It's less the bears and wolves that concern than a rabid critter of some sort and I'd like to have the maximum safe punch with that load. I'd stick with the Fiocchi for plinking and fun. They claim a MV of 820 fps. and ME of 369 ft.lbs. for their factory ammo. I may also order some Starline brass, based on your recommendation. Once again, thank you.
The Following User Likes This Post: