View Single Post

Old 10-07-2020, 09:48 AM

Liked 893 Times in 187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeet 028 View Post
Personally I would not use regular 44 cal jacketed bullets. What if I may ask constitutes an antique in Canada? Is there a date of manufacture or what? My really nice SAA 38 WCF was made in 1900 and is NOT considered an antique firearm in the US
Oh boy! Does THAT question open a can of worms! If a firearm is pre-1898 AND the ammunition is not READILY available, it's considered "antique". So, if my DA was in .44-40 or .45 Colt, I would have to register it since most sporting goods stores carry that ammo in a modern loading. Stupidly enough, if I had an antique cap-and-ball revolver in near pristine condition, it too is "antique". If I buy an modern exact replica by Pedersoli, or Armi San Marco, or Pietta, or whoever, then it must be registered. If I take my revolver into the bush, I must have it in an open carry holster. If I have a shoulder holster, I can be charged with carrying a concealed weapon. We have guys up here who take old .455 Webleys or French Mod.1873, shave the back of cylinder and adapt them to take .45 ACP in the 3 rnd. half-moon clips. Why (you may ask) when .45 ACP is a current cartridge? Sit down for this one! The moronic government functionaries who drafted the legislation didn't know the difference between ".45 Colt" and ".45 ACP". As a result, .45 Colt is deemed, for legislative purposes, to be a modern cartridge. The .45 ACP, not being on the list, it's ok to have an antique revolver adapted to chamber it. HAHAHAHAHAHA! One of my favourite quips; Q. What's a camel? A. A horse designed by a government commitee!
The Following 5 Users Like Post: