View Single Post

Old 10-09-2020, 07:18 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 12,801 Times in 1,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixgunStrumpet View Post
Just picked up a new set of Ropers.

There's good, there's bad, but overall I am very pleased. I really needed to handle a set of these "Trigger Stop" stocks (if that's a good name for them?).

I think the pictures tell the tale, no screw, absolute butchery on the left panel. The fit is still excellent, right hand palm swell, they fit my hand beautifully.

The trigger stop is.. odd. Until I have a screw I can't actually shoot with them, but dry firing is interesting. They are usable SA and very odd, but I think maybe good, with DA. The stocks stop your finger at just the right point before firing, then you sort of flex your knuckle a bit and you finish the pull.

I can both understand why these never went anywhere (it's weird and of dubious functionality), never the less I do really love them.

I have an..update? I guess you could say.

I finally found an old catalog of mine that sheds some light on this particular feature:

helpfully dated, something that is sadly lacking on a lot of these old catalogs.

The page in the catalog I think is of interest is here:

So assuming this is correct, this would be called a Sharrock, and the design isn't so much a trigger stop as it forces you to just squeeze the trigger to fire.

I will say, when I still had these stocks, that did seem to be the effect for me. To fire the gun I sort of just flexed my trigger finger knuckle. It was very unnatural and I didn't care for it.

Last edited by Modified; 10-09-2020 at 07:19 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: