View Single Post

Old 10-24-2020, 03:59 PM

Liked 7,410 Times in 2,516 Posts

I really don't want to get into what animals the .22WMR is capable of taking because that's doomed to receive a lot of responses arguing that it can't and how nothing less than "[insert arbitrary minimum caliber/cartridge here]" can reliably/humanely drop said animal(s) in the field, bonus points if the person practically goes out of their way to ignore that certain animals can potentially be smaller in certain states and only consider the biggest, heaviest examples of any given genus/family. (i.e. that guy in Bear Threads who seems to think that all Bears are Alaskan Polar Bear, even when someone specifically says "Black Bear" so he argues that whatever cartridge someone says they carry for defense against Black Bear is insufficient because Polar Bears.)

So I'm only going to say this one more time and folks can feel free to argue over the details below... As previously stated, .22WMR is substantially more powerful than .22LR and thusly can take substantially larger game than .22LR, so it's purpose is to take those animals, not squirrels or any other such small animals. If all you care to hunt are squirrels and that's the focal point of this thread, then it really doesn't do anything that .22LR can't do when hunting squirrels.