View Single Post

Old 10-24-2020, 05:14 PM

Liked 2,173 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLOYD17 View Post
I agree unless there is a solid document trail to back up claimed stories. Especially if condition doesn’t match between the gun and accessories.

Picking up a holster at a gun show actually told me more than either Victory I’ve owned could have due to the family name burned into the leather:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/attachm...5&d=1563029899

Apparently the Victory that was with the holster was sold years prior. I’ve managed to pick up a USNCPC Pre-Victory to fill the void.

I watched this Victory auction tonight........-a6783717-2e77-4a83-935d-c6976e68a719-jpg

I watched this Victory auction tonight........-c48f94da-3723-45ba-b609-f029808b2d5a-jpg
I just looked at my handful of WWII dated Navy shoulder holsters and coincidentally enough the only one that had any legible markings on it was also my only example having the later added bullet loops. (My example has 16 ammo loops.)

When held at just the right angle and in just the right light you can tell that it actually has had two different markings scribbled on it's backside.

The first marking looks to have been a "K." (and most likely some other initial) inside a square that later had the name "S. LISWOOD" applied perpendicular to and partially over it.

Looks like I need to start tracking down who S. LISWOOD might have been......or possibly still is.

Unfortunately the markings did not photograph very well due to the light inscription imprints and uneven surface, but I did give it a try.

In all of my travels I have never heard of the last name Liswood until now.

Last edited by tenntex32; 10-24-2020 at 05:16 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: