View Single Post

Old 10-24-2020, 10:01 PM

Liked 136 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh WW View Post
Some clarifications. Three inch CS1's were issued to Special Agents, air branch,marine branch. There were no plain clothes inspectors. Three inch guns were also issued to dog handlers (k-9 officers). Qualifications at the time were held 4 times a year normally. The guns that were actually issued for duty use will have had several thousand rounds through them normally. That may be with either the 357 mag or the Treasury 38spl. +p+. I am a retired Chief Inspector from Arizona, and was fortunate enough to locate and purchase my originally issued 4 inch CD1, serial ANS4100. I think I still have the issued HKS speed loaders and pouch.
For awhile, you had plain clothes Inspectors assigned as “rovers” in some airports in plain clothes. Also, I knew some CET guys that worked out of uniform as well. On another note, if anybody ever comes across a 3” CS1, ser# BAU0729, that was my issued gun. Used it to win a 2nd place trophy at an International shoot between RCMP and Customs/INS/BP shooters. Shot factory wadcutters pretty good as I remember. Tagged it when I turned it in for the new,issued autoloader, but I guess it ended up being destroyed.
The Following User Likes This Post: