View Single Post

Old 10-27-2020, 01:58 PM

Liked 1,712 Times in 465 Posts

You need to not only look but also ask at the retailers. A couple of my local retail places are in fact getting some primers in fairly regular. The ones I am seeing are Federal and they come in a larger box the same size as their shotgun primers. There seems to be 2 small stacks every week or 2 when I check. 1 stack is shotgun primers and the other has been large pistol primers. Most guys don't seem to give them a second look because the box is large and they must just figure they are shotgun primers. I have been able to pick up 12 boxes in the last few weeks (limited to 2 per visit). Besides having a close look, you need to ask. One day I made my usual pass and saw no handgun ammo. I picked up a few things and a guy walked up behind me at the register with 2 boxes of 9mm. I asked him where he got it---duh they were just putting it out on the shelves. This happened minutes after I had made my pass. The girl behind the counter had not bothered to tell be she had 2 cases on the floor but had not put them out yet. So the trick is to not only look but also ask for what you need. On the other hand, this particular retailer has been getting nothing for powder in except black powder, but I still ask if they have anything else. Just because it is not on the shelves does not mean they don't have any.