View Single Post

Old 10-28-2020, 10:08 AM

Liked 19,898 Times in 8,798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp220.45 View Post
I normally don’t resurrect dormant threads, but this one is a doozy. I can’t believe I missed it originally and during its previous resurrections. I only found it today by doing a tag search.

It is mentioned almost in passing that 645s and 4506s will fit in holsters meant for the Sig P220. Say what? I carried my trusty 220 in a Galco shoulder holster for years. I gave the 220 to my son when I retired but he’s a lefty so he had no use for the leather.

I rooted around and found it somehow. And, yep, the 645 I got a couple weeks ago fits great, though the business end sticks out a little farther than the Sig did. The mags fit the pouches, too.

I should probably pop for a new harness, since the four points of it are attached to the holster and mag pouch with: 1- Superglue, 2 - a piece of leather shoelace, 3 - a plastic flex cuff, cut short, and 4 - nothing but optimism.

Seems like a good cold-weather felon repellant set up to me.

Goes to show there can be gold in these old threads.
Wow old thread...... my last input was 2016

I've got an old Galco "Miami Vice" set up for single stack..... winter walks it works well with my Sig 245 or 220 and my Smith 4566..... all with 2 extra mags..... for the 245 spare mags are 8rd with Xgrips adaptors. Must admit that I tend to favor the alloy frame Sigs to the all Steel 4566 for a walk in the park!

It also works well with my Beretta 92 Compact Type-M single stack.

As they all have exposed hammers they are nice and secure with the thumb-break.

I've got a second one set up for double stack mags..... generally for my Beretta 92s either of the short (4.2")slide Compact or Centurion. IIRC it's a bit loose with a 3rd gen gun like the 5906 or 915.
Both were picked up "un- used" in the 90s at about $.25 on the dollar for a new one at the time.

Last edited by BAM-BAM; 10-28-2020 at 11:36 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: