View Single Post

Old 10-30-2020, 11:07 AM
US Veteran

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTC(SS)Ret View Post
You're welcome Bill, I am glad to help if I can. The Uplula loader is great to have to help with magazine loading. I also have a Sig P365 and it is near impossible to load the entire 10 rounds in a mag without one (also pretty well shot myself!!).
Do you have to wait until you have your license to purchase a pistol there in Connecticut? I guess thats the norm when you live in a democrat state. I lived there in the 70's and 80's off and on when I was stationed at the Sub Base.
One thing I did to my 9EZ was to paint the sights contrasting green and orange. It helped a lot to get a good sight picture, especially with these old eyes.

MTC(SS)Ret, Yep no license I can't even legally buy a magazine, not that I need one yet. Here we have to take and pass the NRA course, then go online and schedule an appointment with the local PD for fingerprints. The schedule is usually booked for 3-4 weeks out but as I was monitoring it an a appt opened 2 days after my test, lucky on that one. But after that as I was waiting the 4-6 weeks for the local PD to process my application I noticed the State Police (where we get the permit) their schedule was out to Dec and that was in Sept. So I scheduled my appt for 12/11 hoping my city temp permit would be completed. That's good for nothing, you just have to have that when you go to the St Police for the permanent permit which is good for 5 years and is open and conceal carry. Sorry to bore you with all that but then again it probably makes you want to jump for joy that you live where you do. Anyway I'm going to order a couple of those loaders today to use at the range until I get my permit. Oh and the range where I took the NRA test allows us to shoot there with the NRA certificate as long as you got it at their range so I do appreciate that. OK, blabbed enough, going to the Uplula site now and check that out. Thank you again for your help and hope you have a great weekend.