View Single Post

Old 10-30-2020, 06:11 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 12,861 Times in 1,823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilled View Post
I have to comment on this.

There's some things about this picture that, as someone who ceaselessly hunts for Ropers, I really need to point out.

The first is that the Sandersons look a little ... sad, compared to the majesty of the Ropers.

The second is to commend you on your collection. The thing about this collection is that virtually none of those are anything less then extremely feature rich Ropers. I'm sure you have the largest concentration of high end Colt Ropers of anyone, and anyone looking at this picture would do well to note the obvious, and additional features you can see here.

Finger grooves, thumb rests, forward swept base, partial finger grooves, a groove just for the pinky, hell, if you go third from the top on the right hand column you even have a Sharrock, which what I am calling the finger rest thing because of this catalog I found:

The pair on the KST Camp Perry is especially appealing to me, what with the ivory (?) base, partial finger grooves, partial thumb rest. What a glorious set.

I know I'm primarily a smith guy, but I can't tell you how jealous I was when I saw you got that gun, absolutely top of the heap in my book and a gun I would be overjoyed to own (as I am sure you are).

Hell of a collection.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: