View Single Post

Old 11-04-2020, 02:23 PM

Liked 6,634 Times in 2,469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRL40 View Post
Good question, I was testing my 1911 while riding my quadrunner all day on rough trails to see if the safety was going to stay engaged in that holster...it didn't.

The hammer did stay cocked anyway, but if it were to drop out there bouncing around I didn't want to shoot myself or my purty quad!

I ride a Yamaha Grizzly quad over some extremely narly trails and will tell you it puts an incredible jarring motion on you and your gun and I would never trust a holster without a retention strap or retaining device. I prefer to carry hammer down on a loaded chamber with my Browning HP, CZ-75, 1911, etc. Revolvers are fine and I might carry my Sig 365 9m/m with a loaded chamber and thumb safety on, but I doubt it, for that type of riding I feel most comfortable with a gun with a hammer in the down position covered by a safety strap. I had my AR 15 slung over my shoulder while riding and it ripped the sling swivel right out of the steel rail and luckily I caught the gun before it hit the ground. I've had a few items that I thought were extremely well secured to the back rack and got to my destination and they weren't there, so don't underestimate how rough the ride really is.

Last edited by Farmer17; 11-04-2020 at 02:27 PM.