View Single Post

Old 11-07-2020, 10:05 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,383 Times in 4,626 Posts

I routinely pocket carry a M649 and I am EXCEEDINGLY aware of the fact that whilst seated the gun is basically unreachable. That is the primary negativity of pocket carry. I seriously do not worry about the gun going off while seated at dinner. I also stay very much aware of my surroundings to give myself wriggle time if the need arises.

That said, I do wear my trousers a size too large and I also routinely carry a pistol IWB. If I don't carry then I just tighten my belt. In today's world IWB or OWB are both becoming more important because being in a motor vehicle and surrounded by hooligans is a lot more likely than it used to be.

Another alternative in a vehicle is to just carry another gun in some kind of "bag" on the front seat. I taught one friend that if he's alone then that "bag" can be hooked onto the head rest of the passenger seat. And when I say "bag" I use it in the loosest sense. There are literally dozens of soft cases out there for carrying everything - just instead of everything carry a gun! For years I carried a M10 snub in a leather Bible case lying on the front seat.